How to plan activities in foreign markets using Google Ads
In today’s global business environment, expanding into foreign markets is an incredibly important factor for the success of many companies. Exporting products and services beyond national borders can open up new growth opportunities, increase market share, and generate higher profits. However, to achieve success in international markets, proper planning and effective marketing actions are necessary.
In this context, Google Ads, the advertising platform offered by Google, can be an incredibly useful tool for effectively promoting your company and products in foreign markets. Google Ads allows for precise targeting, measurement of advertising campaign results, and access to a wide range of analytical tools that assist in making strategic marketing decisions.
Key stages of expansion into foreign markets with Google Ads
When embarking on activities in foreign markets using Google Ads, it’s important to consider key phases: planning, preparation, and execution.
During the planning phase, it is crucial to carefully determine the markets to which we want to direct our ads, taking into account the potential and costs associated with such actions.
Next, in the preparation phase, it is necessary to adapt our business to local realities, such as language, culture, preferred payment methods, and logistics. Only after completing these two phases can we move on to the third phase, which involves the actual market activities.
It’s important to make use of various tools available within the Google Ads platform, such as Google Market Finder, Keyword Planner, and Google Translate. These tools enable market analysis, identification of appropriate keywords, translation of advertising content, and estimation of advertising campaign budgets. They allow for a more accurate assessment of the potential of foreign markets and better adaptation of our actions to local conditions.
It is also important to consider the significance of adapting our business to local realities. Translating websites and applications into local languages, adjusting communication in advertisements, creating local domains, ensuring delivery logistics, and customer service are just some of the aspects worth considering in the preparation phase.
Effective advertising on foreign markets thanks to Google Ads
By taking into account both the tools available within Google Ads and local business and cultural factors, we can effectively implement advertising strategies in foreign markets. The key to success lies in systematic planning, precise adaptation, and continuous monitoring of results to adjust our actions in response to changing conditions in the foreign market.
List of actions to be taken before launching export activities:
- Choosing target markets: Start by deciding which foreign markets you want to target with your ads. You can use tools like Google Market Finder to compare the potential and costs associated with different markets.
- Keyword analysis: Utilize tools such as Google Translate and the Keyword Planner in Google Ads to research popular keywords in specific languages and countries. This will help you tailor your ads to local preferences.
- Budget estimation: Based on the keyword analysis and other factors, you can estimate the potential budget needed for advertising activities in a particular market.
Phase Two – Preparation:
- Business localization: Before launching ads, it’s important to adapt your website, application, and advertising communication to local realities. Translating content into the local language, adjusting payment options, customer support, and other business aspects are crucial.
- Researching local conditions: By using tools like Google Market Finder and My Export Readiness Score, you can gather information about local payment preferences, buying habits, delivery times, and other factors relevant to success in a specific market.
- Strategy customization: Based on the collected information, you can tailor your advertising strategy, product offerings, and other marketing elements to meet the expectations and needs of local customers.
- Building trust: Building trust with customers in a new market is essential. Reliable reviews, positive customer experiences, and proper customer support are key to convincing new customers to use your services.
It’s important to remember that planning and preparation are crucial for effective activities in foreign markets. While Google Ads and the tools available within the platform can be useful in analyzing the market and adapting advertising strategies, they are not the only factors determining success. It’s also important to consider local business and cultural aspects in order to build a strong presence in the foreign market.
The final stage occurs after launching the ads and commencing the activities. In this phase, it is important to appropriately respond to the collected market data, scale, experiment, and optimize the actions. Many aspects of this work resemble the standard tasks of a Google Ads and Google Analytics specialist, but it should be noted that it applies to an entirely new environment.
Is advertising in foreign markets suitable for your business? Are you familiar with the 7 deadly sins of exporting? Read the entire article published in the May issue of Ecommerce w Praktyce (May 2023). If you feel that you need the support of experienced data.rocks specialists, including the author of this article, on the challenging path of your business development, be sure to contact us!